Information dashboard design : the effective visual communication of data
This text teaches the visual design skills needed to create dashboards that communicate clearly, rapidly, and compellingly. It explains how to avoid the 13 mistakes common to dashboard design, provide viewers with the information they need quickly and clearly, and create an aesthetically pleasing viewing experience.
- Ch. 1. Clarifying the vision
- Ch. 2. Variations in dashboard uses and data
- Ch. 3. Thirteen common mistakes in dashboard design
- Ch. 4. Tapping into the power of visual perception
- Ch. 5. Eloquence through simplicity
- Ch. 6. Effective dashboard display media
- Ch. 7. Designing dashboards for usability
- Ch. 8. Putting it all together.